Monday, July 14, 2008

Try this!!

he makes me so happy

my newest favorite picture


getting so strong


we find this so funny

such a happy guy




Now here is the purpose for this post.. I got my inspiration to BLOG my food, from my cousin Tina.. she always makes me hungry after I read her posts!
Hot House Tomato & Fresh Basil Pizza






I work at BJ's Brewhouse, and we make an item called "Fresh Basil with Italian Sausage thin crust pizza". I think this is one of the greatest items we serve, so I was on a quest to make a healthier version that I could make at home. Here is the result! You can add whatever toppings you want- but do not add sauce, there is no need, and it makes the pizza too heavy.

What I used:

  • Lavash Whole Wheat clay-oven baked bread ( found at Trader Joe's) this is a very thin, tortilla like bread, but not a tortilla- a wrap would work too, or even a pita pocket.
  • hot house vine ripened tomatoes (sliced thin)
  • garlic powder
  • mozzarella cheese
  • mild cheddard/jack mixture
  • italian blend cheese
  • fresh basil

Place Lavash on pan or piece of foil if you dont like doing dishes like me. Sprinkle with 2 of the 3 cheeses. Put tomatoes on top of cheeses, dust with garlic powder (enough to your liking). Now layer last cheese on top. Place into 375 degree oven for approx. 10 minutes- depending on how crunchy you like your pizza. Finally add fresh basil (to your liking as well) Wa-La- a tasty alternative to your normal pizza!!

Please try this out and let me know how you like it- the blend of fresh tomatoes and basil is super tasty!!

Happy Monday

- Sara

5 comments:

Liz McCoy said...

beautiful photographs!!! you all are a beautiful family!!!

We love flatbread pizza sooo YUMMY!!!

palmtreefanatic said...

loved and enjoyed all the photos! The pizza looks quite tasty to me;) thanks for sharing! I am not cooking much this week, but will display some good stuff next week!
I had to work till 8pm so we just had cold cuts!;)

Angela said...

Nice!

Seth had that same onesie with the little sports balls on it. Cute!!

I'm jealous that you get a pedicure...she's never offered one to me. :oP

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh your so domesticated! Craft tables and recipes? I love it. haha.

As for what cameras I use, very expensive ones. The big ass ones that you always see newspaper photographers with? Yeah. Ill probably have back problems by the time im 25 or something. haha. More specificially, Im using a Canon SLR 30D which would not be my first choice, I need a better one. But as soon as I get to alabama I get to shoot with a Nikon 300D which is a bit better than mine, but I really dislike Nikon.

anyhow, send me your email address yeah? Or better yet, email me. It's jenn@jayeyephotography.com. And thats my website too. www.jayeyephotography.com. anyhow, email me, I'd love to catch up on your life!

MegRich said...

Yummo! That sounds and looks so good!