Monday, September 7, 2009

New endeavors

Starting last night, Edward & I are breaking Michael of his pacifier. This is not fun!!! He cries and cries, and it makes me so sad, b/c all I want to do is go in and comfort him. But I want him to take this seriously, so I just ignore the crying. Michael did so well with the transition between bottle and sippie cup- had NO problem at all... But this lil guy LOVES his pacifier.

The reason we are breaking him of it NOW, is because he has all but 4 teeth I believe. He has such a cute smile, and I don't want his teeth to get crooked. He has been doing great no using the pacifier during the day, but now I'm being strict and not caving in.

He added these words to his vocabulary:
Duck
Nice
PrettyBlockquote
Handy Manny
Juice
Hi Baby
That's Mama
That's Daddy
money
Mickey

and pointing out the letter "O"

This boy is just so damn smart, I can't get over how intricut his brain is working! I love seeing all the new things he discovers everyday! It sure makes me appreciate more of the little things in life!
He LOVES LOVES LOVES putting "money" in the piggy banks.. When he hears you jingle, his hands are open. I love watching his little fingers so delicately slide the coins into the slot. Then he proceeds to clap for himself, or look around to see if someone is watching his accomplishment.. LOL

In other news, Edward has been home for a week now, it's so nice to share the responsibility of parent with him again. We can't wait to add to our family one day. Michael just brings so much joy to us, and he is so easy.
The holiday season is fast approaching, and once again, I'm getting super creative with gifts. I can't wait for it to come.. Actually I just can't wait for it to get cooler outside, and I can wear all my cute sweaters. We may need to take some trips up to the snow, so I can fully put to use my cold weather clothing (since we won't be in Chicago like we thought would possibly happen)
I'm still crossing my fingers that a good job opens up for Edward here, so we can all stay together...

Stay Tuned-
xoxo Sara

P.S.- we are going to be aunt/uncle again within the next month... pretty cool.

2 comments:

MegRich said...

I'm glad your husband gets to be back with you and your little boy. It's so hard anytime you're apart from your spouse! I'm excited for the holidays too. I've already got some of my Christmas presents planned out that I need to start making now! So fun!

MegRich said...

P.S.- you should put a link to your sweetchicks blog on the side panel of your blog. Or I guess I could just add it to my blog list so I can have easy access :)