Friday, August 1, 2008

Believer


I have always been the one to question just about EVERYTHING. I always want to know why things are done, how things work, reasons behind everything etc. Lately I have been questioning my beliefs- as life has been kind of difficult. Thinking that there HAS to be someone or something driving my life and others. The other day I posted a bulletin on Myspace about how I was feeling, and a co-worker (who happens to be LDS) wrote me back a scripture that really made me feel better. I am not keen on church b/c I don't like all the singing and praying as a group (big groups of people make me really nervous) but I am still very spiritual. I strongly believe in the meaning of the cross, but have always been skeptical about the Bible. As of now- I have been googling like crazy, and reading what I can, pertaining it to my own life and feelings. I'm happy to announce officially- I'm a BELIEVER.

I have always been the "good girl", watching out for others, trying to see the positive in all things. (When first dating my now husband- he told me that I live in a world of rainbows and butterflies _or bunny rabbits {can't remember exactly}) I have high expectations of myself and others, I like to think that I am sincere and thoughtful- to an extent. I have found that I talk to GOD when I'm driving, as this is when I'm by myself and most comfortable. I don't like to say the word "praying" so much, and I just like to air my grievances, my hopes, my wishes etc. I know that GOD controls all things in my life, but its up to me to put them to work. I can't just sit back and wait for some "MIRACLE" to happen, I have to live being the best person I can be, and Miracles will be acheived.

Happy "faithful" Friday
Sara

1 comments:

Angela said...

That's awesome! Being a believer is about the relationship you have with Jesus...so don't worry about about the title "praying". That's exactly what you're doing when you talk to Him casually. It doesn't need to be formal. Also don't worry about all the things you think you have to do in order to be a believer (like singing). Enjoy being in His word and knowing you are a child of God. :o)