Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hot n Cold

Wow- it's been a long time since I last blogged. So many things have happened, some good-some bad. Here is the re-cap.

At the beginning of the month, September 3 exactly, Michael,my dad and I went to Milwaukee,WI! The weather was absolutely gorgeous. Really made me want to move to the mid west more. There was REAL rain lol, not the excuse for rain we have in Arizona. We stayed with my Grandma & Grandpa Lukasavitz- they were great hosts. They got to meet Michael for the first time, and I think they fell in love with him.
Michael discovered his feet on this trip, which is so funny to watch. He also has quite the voice going on, our son definitely has a set of lungs HAHA. We visited the Sprecher Brewery (they brew soda and beer), ate at Solly's Hamburgers, Kopps, Capri's, Panera, Maria's Pizza and many more! All the goodies you must have when you are in Wisconsin! I went with my Grandma and Aunt Linda to Trimborn Farms for a HUGE craft show. Its an old Irish Farm, that host different shows throughout the season. It was pretty cool- definitely not a thing you see in Arizona.
We played cards, relaxed, visited... all in all a great getaway.......
HERE COMES THE BAD
So second day of vacation, my mom calls me with horrible news- my car got stolen from in front of her house... I laughed at first, because for the past 3 or so months, I have been having this nightmare that my car keeps getting stolen, and I had to keep looking for it. I MUST HAVE a lil PSYCHIC in me... lol
I spent lots of time on the phone with cops, insurance companies and tow yards... They ended up finding my car in Phoenix- abandoned and not drivable. When I got home, I had it towed to a nearby body shop, so I could assess it and see all the damage.
Well the little punks took a permanent marker to the inside of my beloved Dodge Stratus and tagged their gang signs (I presume) on the ceiling, dash and steering wheel. The car was completely dead- they couldn't get it to start. The ignition was gone, my air vents snapped apart, just overall damage to the inside, lots of trash that wasn't mine... Oh ya, a crack pipe was found on the seats as well. WHAT WINNERS. Stupid people that stole my car.. Well- insurance company ended up totalling it, and gave me a whopping $5700 bucks to replace my car. This infuriates me, it will be hard to replace my car for that amount! Now I have a rental car til Friday, and then I will have to figure out what to do next.

GOOD NEWS
Michael had his 4mo appt on Monday.
Height: 26 1/4 in (75-90th percentile)
Weight: 14.3 lbs (25-50th percentile)

He has been cleared to eat solids! So far he has had rice cereal, apples and sweet potatoes. HE LOVES FOOD!!! By the looks of it, he is going to be a Machine like Edward, devouring everything, yet staying slim... Lucky guys

Thats all for now- wish/pray for some better luck for me.

Sara

3 comments:

Liz McCoy said...

oh man! definitely hot and cold. HUGS!!

palmtreefanatic said...

oh wow! Terrible news is right! I pray you find an amazing car for that price! I am praying now!

The Bowles said...

don't you hate people who steal! ahh! it's so frustrating! we had our truck stolen a few months ago, but actually got it back with little damage done. good luck finding a car! and your son is soo adorable! love the updates!